Building on a long experience in CSR & Human Rights
Human Rights Advisor
I founded Human Rights@Work -the first consultancy in the Netherlands specialised in Business & Human Rights- in 2011.
I decided to use my extensive experience in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility and human rights as a consultant to provide services to companies and their stakeholders. I can help them understand the positive impact of respecting human rights and implement the UN Guiding Principles for business and human rights (UNGP).
I’ve had assignments in UN organizations, multinationals, smaller companies, NGOs and governments. I am able to speak the language of different parties to facilitate dialogue between them. As a consultant I understand the concerns of NGOs and can interpret these for the business world. I advise NGOs, UN organisations and governments on how they can best engage with business. I develop tools, and methodologies, and carry out impact and risk assessments.
Human Rights Consultancy on a personal level
Human rights are universal, but their implementation needs to be tailor-made, listening to stakeholders’ wishes.
As Human rights consultant, I am a partner for the Netherlands of Löning Human Rights and Responsible Business. Together we offer tailored tools and human rights risk management services for leading European companies. I also work with a network of specialists, both in the Netherlands and abroad, who are able to contribute to larger projects.
We give advice by combining extensive experience in corporate responsibility, in-depth knowledge of human rights, offering tailored solutions and engaging and connecting the involved parties, always through a pragmatic approach.
Human Rights@Work supports organizations through:
- Extensive on-the-ground experience in: corporate responsibility, supply chain, integrating human rights consultancy into the business process, risk analysis and impact assessment, with a special focus on Asia
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of: human rights, policy, supply chain, production processes, regulations
- Specific skills competences: strategic advice, training, research & analysis, tailored solutions, due diligence
- Extensive national and international network and partnership with Löning human rights and responsible business.
Experience as a human rights consultant in the following sectors:
- Agriculture and fisheries
- Medical care
- Financial services
Clients that have worked with as human rights consultant:
- Friesland Campina
- SBM Offshore
- KPN Telecommunications
- Mahindra Sanyo Special Steel
- Loders Croklaan
NON GOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATIONS (NGO’s)
- CNV International
- ICAR/International Learning Lab Procurement and Human RIghts
- MVO Nederland
GOVERNMENTS & INTERGOVERNMENTAL ORGANISATIONS
- Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Agency for Enterprising Netherlands (RVO)
- Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Environment
- Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment
- Social Economic Council Netherlands
- International Labour Organisation (ILO)
- DANIDA Denmark
- Pianoo, expert center public procurement